Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Yardwork X

So, I had a busy weekend these past few days. I got ambitious and decided to pour a small concrete slab in my side yard so my garbage cans have a place to sit. (Joys of home ownership huh guys?)

Well, going back to Thursday, I went for a jog. I did about 2.5 miles, nothing crazy. On my way back I was feeling great and decided to try to keep running ahead of a couple that were leisurely riding their bikes on the street as I ran on the sidewalk. I kept ahead of them for a good half mile, then they realized what I was doing. They sped up, I tried to keep up for maybe another 200 yards and gave up. It was a great little run.

On Friday morning however, I had a real tight back. In fact, I was stuck in one place for about 2 minutes as my back seized up. I managed to get down on the ground, do a cat stretch, and upward dog, and the noises my back made when it popped scared my dog. It was kinda funny.

As Friday went on, my back felt much better. However on Sunday, I was moving a wheel barrow around and my back tightened up yet again. Yup, Yardwork X bit me in the butt. I managed to finish pouring my small concrete slab, but paid the price. I've been taking it easy the last couple days, doing some stretching and slowly easing back into my workouts. I'm going to try to do Burn Intervals tonight with Monica, but will take it easy.

That explains the lack of posts recently. I've been slightly laid up, and feeling like an idiot for managing to get myself a bit injured. I'll be fine though. The one lesson I've learned is that while doing ChaLEAN Extreme, I haven't been doing any Yoga. I think this is a big factor in my injury. I'm going to find a way to fit in some Yoga X into my routine to make sure I stay limber and don't get hurt.

Thanks guys, keep pushing play.

John

1 comment:

  1. You win the gold medal for the coolest title!!
    YardworkX...that should TOTALLY be part of the dvd set. Totally! :o)

    ReplyDelete