Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Case Against Cardio

I've been reading a great post by Mark Sisson entitled, "The Case Against Cardio."

I thought I'd share it here.

Here is the link to the original article over at marksdailyapple.com

I have to say its making me definitely rethink some of my workouts. Not that I'm stopping P90X by any means, but I may modify some of the routines and add some different activities.

Its also making me think that my thoughts of running the Chicago Marathon might be a bit misguided.

I declared that a goal when I was a bit "fed up" with the fact that I had put some pounds back on. I thought to myself, "I know how I'll lose fat, I'll run like crazy."

Thing was, I watched a movie on Netflix called "The Spirit of the Marathon." I was a bit amazed how many fat marathoners there are out there. Overall, yes, very aerobically fit folks, but there are plenty of runners that don't epitomize the image of fitness.

So, I may be sticking to a primal plan for my fitness regimen. I'll keep you all posted.

--John

No comments:

Post a Comment