Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 89...Need some motivation.


I have to admit, I'm not sprinting to the finish line like I should be. I've suffered waning motivation in my recovery weeks throughout the program. I have to admit, I find it hard to get motivated for Stretching (which I skipped yesterday.)


I think it also has a bit to do with the season. As the days get shorter, its dark when I leave for work, dark when I get home, and cold and crappy throughout the day its easy to settle into a funk.


Now, I still have been working out. But, like I said, my motivation has been waning. I also slipped on my diet yesterday. I split a dessert with one of my co-workers.


So, I need a proverbial slap upside the head to get me going again.
Here's my plan. I'm not stopping after 90 days. My wife and I are going on a cruise in 4 more weeks. I am planning on repeating phase 3 of the plan to take me up to our cruise. I guess that's my self-rationalization for emphasizing the "recovery" part of this recovery week. I do feel like my body needs a break. Yet, I don't want to make excuses either.
Well, the line starts here for who wants to slap me upside the head. I look forward to your comments.

6 comments:

  1. John did you make noticeable changes to your diet from 1 phase to the next? I completed day 45 yesterday, and am suffering from extremely low energy levels which is affecting my motivation. The higher the energy levels the higher the motivation. Maybe you are suffering from the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think its the diet, its just not keeping focused on my goals personally. Did you follow the 3 phased diet approach?

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to follow the 3 phased approach. I am in the middle of phase 2 but still eating according to the phase 1 guidelines as i have an excess of fat to get rid of so wanted to run the fat burner phase 1 diet a little longer. It may be time to move to the phase 2 diet to get more carbs. This may increase my energy levels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd start to go to phase 2...you need to add those carbs otherwise you'll keep bonking. Also, the low carb diet for more than a month or so will make you more likely to catch a virus etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John-you are probably on day 90. You are right there. Finish strong just like that picture. Sprint, sprint sprint. You have worked sooo hard for so long-you owe it to yourself and everyone that you coach to FINISH. Suck it up and bring it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jess,
    I did Core Synergistics today and had one of my best workouts in a week or two. Really brought it today. Now, one more day and I'm a P90X grad.

    ReplyDelete