Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Accountability!


This last week has been a great one for me in my workouts. I've really "brought it." and seen some interesting numbers in terms of reps, weights used etc. I was really proud of my performance on Wednesday. I was able to do 86 unassisted pull ups in my legs and back workout. I won't say my form was perfect on every rep, but I did my best and brought it big time.


Now, to the point of this post. The key to success in P90X or any workout program is having accountability. That is to say, you aren't going it alone. Someone else has a stake or interest in your performance. This past week, I was lucky to have my lovely wife Monica give me the kick in the ass I needed. Twice I uttered the phrase, "I don't want to work out tonight." To which she quickly replied, "No!!! You're working out."


Now, some days I'm the hammer to her, this time it was the other way around.


We aren't always in the right mood to get in a workout. Its so much easier and more comfortable to sit on the couch, cuddle up and relax etc. To have a partner that can stare you in the eyes and encourage you to "Bring It." is key.


If you are lucky enough to have a spouse be your accountability partner in your workouts, then you know how awesome it is when both of you are working with similar goals in mind.


Thanks Monica for keeping me honest this week.


1 comment:

  1. Great post! That's exactly how Jeremy and I are... we seem to take turns pushing each other. I don't think I could have made it this far by myself and I know he feels the same way. (Day 45 for us today)

    ReplyDelete