Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Feel Stuck


From John:


I'm probably overreacting, however I feel like I'm stuck. I'm doing well at the workouts this past week, but I've been stuck at 195lbs and about 12-13% body fat for a couple weeks now. I know I just got back from vacation and I'm only 12 days into my 2nd round of P90X.


However, I just have a weird feeling that I'm not doing everything possible that I can to improve my fitness level. For those of you that have been following, my goal is to get to 8% body fat this round of P90X. The fact that is even a reasonable goal speaks volumes about how far I've come. I would never imagine saying that back in September when I was almost 26% body fat and sitting at about 216 lbs.


Getting back to my point. I don't want my feeling of being "stuck" turn into a reality. So, I'm going to do the following.



  • No more eating after 8PM at night.

  • Get a doubles workout in at least one day per week. I'll try to do this on Saturdays. I'll add either CardioX or a little running to my daily routine.

  • Count calories. I realize I need to revisit the nutrtion guide. I'm still eating with the same goal calories I had when I was 216 lbs when I started the program. I need to look into what I can be doing better.

  • Re-read "Nutrient Timing."

Thanks everyone...I know this posts sounds like rambling. But I needed to get that out there in writing. Success in reaching a goal requires constant evaluation and course corrections.



Bring It!


John

7 comments:

  1. no, not rambling, just being honest-which is so refreshing.

    You know what I do most of the time with the kenpo thing-now I'm doing my cardiox in the am's 3 times a week BEFORE breakfast. It sucks-but I get through it. It just puts your metabolism on high for the entire day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the no eating after 8PM is a good rule and it's always a good reminder to re-evaluate your nutrition. :o) BTW, I love Nutrient Timing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a good plan set up for yourself. You'll get "unstuck" soon I'm sure but I'm with ya... I really hate that feeling. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New goals always get you out of the 'stuck' mode. I have had to change things up a bit too. I've started doing the videos on cue mode only and listen to my own music-brings me to a whole new place. Also, try jogging to comedy instead of music-keeps ya laughing-taking your mind of running and before you know it-that high will be kicking in!! Good luck. I'm rooting for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude you must really be stuck, no new posts since Wednesday? What's up with that?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So so true. That picture is priceless....I may have to borrow that!

    ReplyDelete